MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce
Founder

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:


Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on ustream.tv

Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday evening

Good Evening Everyone,

Well, I have just come in from being outdoors all day. However, I will admit that I did throw some clothes in the wash...but I think they are still there.

I managed to get all water barrels cleaned again today. All those sweet faces are drinking a lot more. I do have to battle with Glory as she is forever pulling hose out, washing her feet and her face.."OY" makes for longer in filling her barrel.

Rob and I scraped out several more pens today. The "Banana" tractor is really coming in quite handy. Still it is hard work as you must break down the front panels off the corrals, move horses around etc., scrape, and rebuild the corral. All in a day's work.

Shania was introduced to the football field today...whoohoo, that was fun to watch. She really needed to get out and clear her head. But the biggest bully out there today was Trooper, the littlest guy and he has the most jacked up legs. He does not know his legs are not straight, but he was hauling horsey hiney after Shania. She has teamed up with Casper and Sinatra for now, by morning it will be one of the others.

Misty our queen is in the round pen tonight. She was running and bucking and tootin' up a storm. Once that was complete, a good solid roll was in order, there went my grooming job.

JD, Glory, Phred, Silky and Buttercup were all groomed. Gonna have to see who comes out tomorrow. I groomed Shiloh and General Saturday afternoon, Simba Marie Sunday afternoon so it is just working down the line. Carolyn groomed a few of the football members, but they kinda crowd ya and they bicker as to who is next.

I sat on the ground by Jerri and Apple for a bit today just talking to them. Apple's baby was in her tummy playing loopy loop, her tummy was moving so much. Jerri's baby was also moving. Jerri actually walked over to where I was sitting and sniffed me.. and I think she looked at Apple and went Pheeewwwww! this lady needs a shower.

Congratulations to both Kathie and Lynn for winning the March Hay Ride Drawing. Thank you to everyone who has participated, you have helped in providing hay for the horses at MHR

Well, I need to think about fixing dinner for Rob and me. I hope that each of you has had a wonderful day and I do wish you a pleasant evening.

Stephanie