MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce
Founder

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:


Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on ustream.tv

Monday, March 3, 2008

A big wind in Pahrump

Good Morning All.

It is windy windy here this morning, supposed to be this way until 6pm. Winds like this prevent us from working with the horses like we like to do. They can stand in it, with their rears facing the direction it is coming from, in this case from the north. However, to get them to pay attention to what you are doing with them is a completely different story....it just will not work.

I will tell you all a little story. I have a quarter x mare that lives at my parents home. I got her when she was four months old, she was an orphan foal. (Her mom died at birth) Anyway, I trained Miss Jingles myself, she thought I was her mom anyway to make a long story even longer. We were out for a ride, on a beautiful day no wind, she was a joy to ride, as we were out the wind picked up, and all of sudden I did not know the horse I was riding, the wind absolutely freaked her out, and things that she was used to seeing now became BIG MONSTERS! What a ride home that was. I am happy to say I still have Jingles, she is 16 years old now, and still lives at my parents home. She is a good horse....she just hangs out with my parents horses Ceasar and Chase, which were horses they rescued from two separate abusive situations, they paid for these horses and they have been happy ever since. They just get lots of love and attention. Well, I hope I have not bored you all with this story, but it was just to let you know that the wind is not our friend with horses.

I hope that all of you have a wonderful day!!!

Stephanie