MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce
Founder

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:


Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on ustream.tv

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wednesday afternoon

I have made some headway with Jerri this afternoon.

While I was filling various water barrels, I staged myself so that all three of the BBGs could see me. I was further away from Jerri though. I sat for awhile and went up to Nellie and Apple and talked to them all the while. I watched Jerri from the corner of my eye and she was taking everything in. I then went down to her stall and stood there, not moving and I stuck my hand out which had a hay cube in it. She gingerly nosed her way to my hand and ever so softly took it from my hand. She did not step back, but stood looking at me while she chewed the cube. Figuring this was a good start, I repeated it. She took it from this time with no hesitation. Oh these baby steps are wonderful, especially when they are so positive.

Nellie and Apple of course were given a couple of cubes as well, could not leave them out.

Stephanie