MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce
Founder

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:


Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on ustream.tv

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Marigold has a new friend, and as you all know we all need friends. Marigold has been hooked up with Hagan, a 35 plus yr old Burro who has been with us for about five years. She is sweet like Marigold so we thought what a good match this would be. Hagan actually got away from me today and was motoring around at a pretty fast clip for an old gal. I finally caught up with her just six feet away from Marigold who was very very interested. I have watched them over the last hour and a half and Marigold is very perky and follows Hagan around. It is so nice to see the bonding of a newly developing friendship.

Good to see!!!!!!!!!!!




I have had one heck of a day, and decided to take a break. I love my dogs so very much but they really posed a huge challenge today.

First, it was the constant Bruno No!, he was driving the hens nuts today. He was constantly sticking his nose in the hens tail feathers and goosing them which was causing a lot of ruckus and squawking...sigh. Our new step-dog, Moon, was constantly pulling on the water hoses and snapping at the water and then jumping into the water barrels...once again...sigh

Generally I walk the property and go barrel to barrel but today I decided because of the wind to ride the old golf cart. However, I was not alone. Bruno was on the seat with me. He is a seat hog and was wanting to lick and drool as much as he possibly could. Utah was squeezed between us and she was constantly growling at him for more space. The coup de gras' was Adrian, who was sitting on the floorboard of the golf cart. I got out for just a moment, and she was so excited that while trying to adjust her self, her big ole hiney sat on the accelerator, and there goes the golf cart racing towards corrals, chickens flapping and running, and me going after them. They were oblivious to it all and enjoying the ride. I caught up to them before they parked it in with JD and Glory. I was greeted with tail wagging and lots of licks.

Since I was on my last water barrel, I figured I had better take a break from them all before they stepped on my last nerve.. LOL

and So how has your day been???

Stephanie