MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce
Founder

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:


Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on ustream.tv

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tuesday afternoon, March 17, 2009

Good Afternoon,

Well, I have managed to get all the water barrels washed and refilled. Plus I brushed out Marigold and Destiny and rewormed them both (as per Dr. Hadland). Once Dr. Hadland is here tomorrow, I am going to have him look at both Marigold and Destiny's skin. They have both been with us a month now, and having been receiving good feed etc.

The skin issues are causing me some concern and I want to get it under control. Marigold has an excellent, and I do mean excellent. appetite. The first thing she will eat is her Senior Equine, and then she goes for her hay. She is really filling out quite nice. Her top line is filling in, and I honestly believe she is holding her head up a little more with each passing day.

Destiny is doing so well with his little shoe. I groomed him as well, and I removed a great deal of hair off him. He does actually have some bald patches in various locations, but if you look closely you can see itty bitty little new hair coming in.

All the other horses are doing well. I hope that all of you are having a wonderful St. Patricks Day !!!!!

Stephanie