MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce
Founder

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:


Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on ustream.tv

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Saturday morning

Good Saturday Morning to All,

Well the Fall weather is upon us, but for how long? The desert weather is subject to change at a moment's notice. Very overcast, cool and quite breezy..according to my father, the forever watcher of the weather, it is to be quite windy throughout the day. I can always count on Dad to keep me informed.

All of the horses are feeling the change and several are beginning to grow a bit of the fuzzy wuzzy coat. I love when a horse has a shiny, slick coat. However, I love to slide my fingers through their fuzzy coats and bury my face in their necks and breathe in the essence of these majestic and magical creatures. They have a way of lifting one's spirit.

AJ and Hope will be getting prepared a week from today, packing their little suitcases for the big trip to their "FOREVER" home next Sunday. A dream has come true for so many of us that these two youngsters would be together for life...for this I am forever grateful to Lisa in CO. She will be their caretaker and I know will love them immediately. I look forward to seeing them frolicking in a pasture and seeing snow for the first time. Sure hope our little big man can keep his footing, as gracefulness is not his asset. Hope will keep him steady and true.

Jocori, after her bout with mild colic (colic is colic regardless and important to take care of), is doing great. She has regained her status in the football field and is very content to be back.

All the horses are doing wonderful this morning and I hope each of you are. You will be in my thoughts throughout my day and I wish you only the best.

Take care and we will chat soon.

Stephanie