MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce
Founder

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:


Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on ustream.tv

Sunday, October 19, 2008

For the Babies

Dear Hope and AJ,

Grammie here....well I know that your trailer ride is going well, your in a fantabulous rig and in wonderful hands.

I am sorry it did not seem that I cared about your leaving, but I put my big girl jeans on this morning. I did not want you to feel bad about leaving, cause this is what is for the best. You must grow up, have a job to do and bring joy to everyone you meet. I know this cause you brought many hours of joy into my life.

Your mothers brought a lot of excitement to our lives during a dark time when your human great-grammie was very sick. Your impending births were the sense of Hope that was needed after the loss of your Grammie Nellie, and the loss of Grampie's Mom. Waiting and watching for your arrivals was much needed during such a sad time for many.

Hours spent talking to each of you and rubbing your moms' tummies while you were still safely tucked inside brought peace to my heart.

Hope, the morning you arrived was so awesome, the sun just coming up over the mountains. There was such a calm that morning, and I was and still in awe of the miracle of life. As you struggled to your feet, the others on the ranch whinnying their welcome to you was totally awesome. It was just incredible, and to watch you grow into what you are today as you loaded onto the trailer made me proud and honored to be a part of your formative first few months of your life. I wish you nothing but the best, and if ever you look to the west know that I am thinking of you little girl and that I love you.

Apple Jack, or as you were lovingly known here as AJ Forest Bubba Goober Gump. Wow, what a guy you are. The first day you stuck your head in my chest and wanted me to scratch your ears, you stole my heart. We had something special little big man, can't explain it but it is a bond that does not come often, but one that I will treasure the rest of my life. Looking into your soft brown eyes, I often wondered what you were thinking. Your easy going attitude was pure as the day is long. You will always be an honest boy, willing to please and giving your best. I remember the morning you were born, as I saw you lying there and I saw those big ears, I was wondering, goodness what was he bred to?? I still laugh when I think of that thought. Eventually I know you will grow into them.

You two babies have come into this world for a purpose and a mission. I am not sure what that will be, but I know what you have done for me and the rest of the MHR family and for this I am eternally grateful.

I will miss you, but I will love you always!

Grammie Stephanie