MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce
Founder

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:


Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on ustream.tv

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thursday morning

No Baby Horse for Yewwwwwww!

Well, Jerri held out yet another night. I think she is waiting for the Zoo Crew (hehe) to arrive this weekend. I wanted to let you know that we have made wonderful strides with Jerri. She now talks to us and stands by her feeder when we are going outdoors. She watches and comes up to us. Congrats to Jerri for this accomplishment. She has come a long way from the day she arrived. I stayed up until 1am but finally crashed. I figured if something happened, someone in Mare Stare land would have called.

Apple is doing great. Knowing Apple's personality, she will be probably eating during her foaling. Pushing between mouthfuls. She is a very very friendly horse an absolute love I will say.

I have had many opportunities over the last few weeks to tell Nellie's story. Many people are shocked at this inhumane treatment of these PMU mares and again most did not know. They are also in total awe that we (and when I say we, I mean all of you) united and gave so much to aid in the hopes of Nellie's survival. I have learned from this experience, and I know I do not want to go through that again.

I hope that you will help in passing her and Lil Angel's story along, and will consider purchasing a bracelet in their honor. The are $5.00 each and this includes shipping. Let us get out there and get this industry stopped. In the future, when we have the room and the means to do so I hope that we will be able to help yet another PMU mare or two and give them a new life. Unfortunately at this time it is not possible.

I know that hay prices across the country are rising but I wanted to let you know what our prices are here: bale of Alfalfa..$14.80, Timothy Grass...$17.90, Bermuda...$15.50, Orchard Grass....$16.99, Orchard/Alfalfa Mix...$16.99 and rising. Our hay cubes have gone up twice in the last six weeks and I see it happening with everything we as consumers purchase. There has to come a time when this all has to stop.

Thank you to everyone for your support in every aspect of the word, it is truly appreciated.

I am in hopes that you will join me in prayers this morning as Lynn (friend) rushes her mare into Desert Pines Equine center after the birth of a little colt this morning. She is having difficulty in passing the afterbirth. Dr. Henesler has been there and has given the shot of oxyitocin (sp) and advised her to get the mare to Vegas ASAP. Seems there is a problem. Please keep this mare in your prayers!!

Thank you again everyone!!!!!!

Stephanie