MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce
Founder

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:


Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on ustream.tv

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday morning

Good morning everyone,

Yesterday, it was a month since we lost our Sweet Nellie and Lil Angel. What made the day so meaningful to me was the strides we have made with Jerri. I can assure you when I step in her stall, I am cautious and I have my escape route planned ahead of time should something go awry. However, I must trust her, just as she needs to try and trust me. Rob and I were talking and he said, "If you are the only person she trusts right now, then so be it" he also stated that she will come around to others, but the importance of imprinting her little one is very important.

If you look at how Baby B and Spirit are today, they are a product of positive human interface daily. (Even though Sir Vlad is feeling his Wheaties right now, he knows under halter and lead rope manners are the utmost of importance.) Baby B also learned that good behavior gets a better result than bad behavior.

I spoke with my granddaughter Belmina this morning. She was five years old on April 15th, and we were talking about Apple. For those that don't know this, she was the one who chose Apple...because she knew how to spell Apple. We were talking and I told her that Apple was gonna have a baby here real soon and we needed to name the Baby. There was a long pause and silence on the phone and I had wondered if she had hung up on me. I quote what she said "I LUB APPLE'S BABY and her name is..." roflmbo "....Princess Tinkerbell." I said Princess Tinkerbell?? Tinkerbell is not a Princess, she said Grandma you don't know, Tinkerbell has a wand and makes you happy. Do not argue the logic of a five year old...you're gonna lose. I asked her what if it's a boy? She said no way Grandma, Apple is having a girl, if its a boy make it a girl. Her conclusion was Apple's baby is going to have wings and when she comes to visit she will ride her and they will fly in the sky. Ahhh, the imagination of a child.

Jerri's color has faded brown areas due to the sun. She is black. Once her shade goes up, hopefully she will lose some of these faded areas. I know JoJo has her shade but prefers to hang in the sun so she too has faded areas on her as well.

Well, I will be working with Jerri more today, but for now I must go feed and from what I see Apple's feeder is upside down again this morning. It is a daily ritual.

I do hope everyone has a blessed and safe day.

Stephanie