MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce
Founder

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:


Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on ustream.tv

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Tuesday, August 5, 2009

Good Evening to Everyone,

It has been a few days since I have been able to just sit and write to all of you but believe me, it has crossed my mind every time I laid my head down on my pillow. I apologize.

Well, here it is August, this summer is speeding by. I must admit, that I am grateful that July is over as we had a great deal of heartache, but we must move forward, but we have also had joy. The loss of Destiny and Miss Joe really hit all of us very very hard. You can try and try, but sometimes it just does not work.

The joy is watching Little Bear flourish, I am just amazed at how he is becoming such a beautiful elderly gentleman with some attitude. Little (or not so Little) Justice brings a smile to my face daily, Faith's trust in humans has really taken such a positive turn. She may still be a bit difficult to catch, but once you have her she is so accepting of a soft brush against her once thin body. She loves to have her chest rubbed with the curry comb and to watch her upper lip quiver and curl, will surely bring a giggle or two.

Apple and Jerri have blossomed as well, we can just ask Diane as they zoomed past Diane Saturday night at dinner time. They were feeling good, and they were letting her know they were.

In just a few more weeks we will be celebrating our 3rd Annual Labor Day Gathering, oyr special guest CJ will be joining us and everyone is very excited about this. Again, THANK YOU to the special Angel who is making CJ's wish come true. I have spoke with CJ since 2003 and I so look forward to finally meeting the crazy cat lady, and wrapping my arms around her and giving her the biggest hug ever.

I would also like to express my gratitude to Cathy P. , Crystal and The Bug for the wonderful wonderful gifts they have donated to our August Hay Drive. If you knowe of anyone who may be interested in one of these items, please have them visit our website or blog if they do not come to ABR. All proceeds does go to the care of the horses at Miracle Horse Rescue.

Additionally, I would like to thank Bev, for all the time and effort she puts into our fundraisers. Bev is always seeking new ideas, so if you have an idea, please do not hesitate to contact her, she would love to hear from you! Also, to our cheerleaders, Lucy, Sheriff Susan, Ro, LindaNV, LindaS, LindaH, Diane and the entire MHR family thank you for your support. Each of you makes a huge difference in the lives of our horses.

Ahhh, Sheila, what would I do without you, your maintaining the blog and the website is quite the chore and I do appreciate it more than words can express. Thanks for taking the time to talk me through the cam issues when I am ready to kick the computer out the door. You make a difference in all of our lives. Thank you!

I will make every attempt to capture some pictures over the next couple of days of all the horses and get them posted. We have had a pretty full plate, with the horses and personal stuff, but an attempt will be made.

Many Many thanks for what each one of you does not only for our horses but other horses across this great nation of ours and around the world. Bless you all!

Stephanie