MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce
Founder

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:


Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on ustream.tv

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Wednesday evening, January 9, 2008

Today was pretty much a typical day. This morning after the horses had completed their breakfast, I took General and Shiloh for a walk. Since they are both blind and are stall mates it is easier to walk them together. They just stay side by side. We just toodled around the property for about 15 minutes and they got brushed. Muffin and Old Man were placed in the round pen for a half an hour and were happy to roll in the sand. Of course when Muffin's blanket went back on it was that big old monster that Old Man encountered when it was first put on him.

Cloud went into the round pen, first stop the ground, then up and around, kicking and tooting. He was out for an hour and a half.

Today I had to assist Rob at one of his clients. Only one of the horses tied, so I had to hold four of the five. Three of the four were alligators and wanted to bite. So there was a lot of verbiage falling from my lips.. "quit," "stop," "okay I am done!" and my all time favorite.."I simply don't like you!!" The worst one was the three y/o stallion...ugh no manners. But they all got their feet done, without incident and I had no skin removed which is a good thing.

Once back at the ranch it was time to do water barrels. As I was doing the football field the hay cubes were delivered so I was running from one end to another taking care of business. It was such a beautiful day, clear skies and sunshine. Once all of this was done time to take Spirit out and let him play. After videoing him, I went around taking photos.

I am leaving Spirit in the round pen tonight and he will go back to his stall after he eats tomorrow morning. Then it will be Baby B the Diva's turn. Horses have all had their dinner and we just finished up dinner ourselves.

I hope everyone has had a pleasant day and a wonderful evening!

Stephanie