MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce
Founder

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:


Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on ustream.tv

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Tuesday afternoon

Good Afternoon,

It has been a busy and chilly day here. When feeding this morning it was approximately 43 degrees. By the time it was done and I came inside for a few it had dropped to 36 degrees. Brrrrrrr! All of the horses were doing quite well, at breakfast this morning they all received carrots. Mmmmmm good!!

I was inside for an hour and needed to get out and do the water barrels. The hoses were filled with ice and when I turned on the water, long ice cubes came flying out. Baby B obviously thought she needed to help me as she removed the hose from her barrel and aimed it right at me, and of course got me....goodness that was a true wake up call! I believe I heard her laughing. Actually, she was spraying everything in her way and I had to play a game of tug of war to get the hose back under control.

Pens were mucked and it was a general clean up. Carolyn came over and worked with Silky, Dumplin, Glory and Shania. Carolyn is really doing a great job. When Dumplin went out, Buttercup had a huge fit! Go figure, they constantly go at one another but let one leave and the whole world is crumbling.

The football team has been active all day, I had to kick their balls back into their area as they have been playing. Right now, it is nap time for most of them, they are relaxing in the bit of sunshine we are having..so it is snoozeville in the field.

I do hope that everyone has had a wonderful day thus far. Best to all of you.

Stephanie