MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce
Founder

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:


Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on ustream.tv

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I hope this finds all doing well.

Everything here at the ranch is going well. Jerri, Nellie and Apple have truly fit in. While, filling Nellie's water barrel yesterday, I was standing there talking to her. I know she did not know what I was talking about, kind of a private conversation. She was watching me, and a little bit at a time she began inching her way over. She was within arms reach, and though I wanted to reach out and touch her I refrained from the urge. Instead, I reached down picked some hay from the bale and handed it to her. She stood and I stood quietly, a few sniffs and ever so gingerly she took it from my hand. I was thrilled. Of course though, there was Apple, her large head and deep voice wuffling at me. I had some carrots on me. I took a carrot and attempted to hand it to Apple, she stood looking at me as I was rubbing it on her lips, sticking it in the side of her mouth...nothing. I then reached over and got a handful of hay and these huge plunger lips slapping together came towards my hand..she took it. Once she ate that she took the carrot from me...LOL..she wanted to have what Nellie had first. Apple has also taken to lifting her right leg and pawing the air at feeding time, not big swipes but little ones...indicating her impatience for her food. Jerri is much more wary and watches everything you are doing. You can tell she wants to be part of it all as well, but she is not ready to commit to giving into her desires. In time. She is however not moving away when you are around her pen, but she does stay back and watches very intently. It will happen, and we are in no rush. They need to be comfortable first and foremost.

All the horses at the ranch are enjoying the spring-like temperatures. Most will bask in the sun, some standing and the others lying down, especially after their morning meal.

*******************************************

I would like to share with all of you a special telephone call I received on January the 18th. It was Gretchen Jackson. She was calling to thank us for the print "The Legacy" She really liked it and said she has a special spot for it. We chatted for a few more minutes and I told her about your big girls arriving the night before and the efforts that went into not only this save but others as well.............All in his name, "Barbaro" This was a thrill and an honor for me.

******************************************

I hope that each one of you have a blessed and safe day.

Stephanie