MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce
Founder

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:


Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on ustream.tv

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday morning

Good Morning,

I wish that I could explain what I felt when Apple's halter was removed and the new one put on. It gave my heart an ache. Joseph did not know I was taking that photo, he was totally engrossed in touching Apple. In fact at one point Nellie had come up behind him in her stall and was watching intently. He did ask me if Nellie was behind him and I said yes. Jerri is a bit more aggressive and does not hesitate to show her displeasure, a bit of ear pinning and turning the rear but even that is beginning to not show itself as often. You cannot make any sudden moves whatsoever, everything must be slow or you risk the chance if them rushing away from you. I know in time Jerri and Nellie will come around, maybe not to the extent that Apple is, but I won't rule it out.

I have taken to sitting and even reading to them the last couple of days. I am reading "BREAKING FREE" by Lauraine Snelling. It is an outstanding book, of a young woman sent to prison and while there had the opportunity to work in a high profile retired TB race horse program. I had been sent this book to read and evaluate by the publisher a few months back. I grabbed it up, and thought what an appropriate title.

These girls are really helping me right now...you will never know how much. We are finding comfort and peace within each other. I can never thank the FOBs, family and friends enough for saving them.

Thank You

Stephanie