MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce
Founder

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:


Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on ustream.tv

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wednesday morning

Good Wednesday Morning,

Yesterday morning we fed to a couple of funny sights. As we have said in the past never a dull moment, but yesterday was truly funny.

Tubby as we all know is a short, round mini horse..we have had him on a diet per vet directions and it still does not work. It has been determined that he does carry the dwarf gene as he never really developed normally. Okay now that I have explained his physical appearance, on to the story. As Big Joe and I walked out, there was Tubby, high centered in his and Hagan's feeder. He had jumped into it, but his tummy prevented him from getting out. He was standing there, calmly and looked at Big Joe and I as if saying.. "Uh, a little help here." Well, Big Joe lifted him up and he walked away, and waited for food to be deposited back in for him. He is a hoot and is always good for a smile and a laugh daily.

I went around feeding everyone else and I came to Apple. As I fed her and was checking her out (as we do with everyone daily to ensure no injuries), I noticed chicken feathers on her back...I thought uh oh, and began looking around for a possible pancaked chicken thinking maybe Apple had rolled over a chicken. I think and I do not know for sure, but it may be possible that the chickens have found Apple's back to be a wonderful place to roost at night. What a photo op that would be.

Everyone else is doing great! We have had some wonderful pictures that LisainCo has posted of AJ and Hope and their new family. They truly are living Heaven on Earth. Thank you Lisa for all the pictures, you are an Angel!

Well, must get ready to start the day outdoors and then work my way to the house. I wish everyone a safe and happy day!

Stephanie