MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce
Founder

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:


Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on ustream.tv

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Saturday morning

Good Morning Everyone,

Beautiful Saturday morning here in Pahrump. Winds are suppose to pick up tomorrow and be a lot cooler and the wind makes it that much cooler.

At this mornings feeding the horses were given a little extra treat (but only to the ones we could do it for, as some are very sensitive to change and could cause problems). I have to laugh at this though. Misty is a very hearty horse, and she has been receiving hay cubes for a long time. Well I first gave her a flake of the Three Way Hay, and she walked over to it, sniffed it and looked at me as if I had just given her a bucket of steamed cabbage. She stood there, tapping her hoof until we walked over and got her bucket of cubes...hoof tapping of course getting louder, once her cubes were placed in her feeder, she tossed her head at me as if to say, well it is about time. I may get to the hay later but for now I want this and don't you dare deviate from this again...I guess I was told. The expression in her eyes spoke volumes and gave me a huge huge smile.

It's the little things the horses do that can make a huge difference in one's attitude. I can start my day not in the best of moods, but by the time the feeding is done, one of the horses has done something to really bring a smile to the face.

Horses do have a magic about them, and I feel that a horse brings out the best in most people. I love the bond one can have with a horse, the companionship, and the unconditional love they give. In some cases, it is a miracle in itself considering what some have been through during their lifetime.

I do send my prayers and thoughts to those who have suffered recent losses, who are going through bad times and good times as well. We are all here for you no matter how far or near, whether we have met or not...it is the bond of a horse that has brought us all together, and it is the Legacy of a horse that keeps us strong to speak for the horses.

May everyone have blessed day

Stephanie