MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce
Founder

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:


Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on ustream.tv

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tuesday morning

Good Morning to All,

I hope this finds each of you doing well. Yesterday was quite an eventful day and by the time the sun was setting over Shadow Mountain, I felt myself fading as well. When I finally laid my head on the pillow about 10:30pm, I actually had a smile on my face. It was a smile of joy and relief knowing that Hope and AJ were healthy, been seen by the vet, had their shots and their mamas were healthy as well. Life is good and what more can we ask for.

Despite the emotional roller coaster yesterday for all of us, you can all be proud of yourselves knowing that you are the reason the babies are here and that their mothers are safe never having to endure the PMU line ever again. When I spoke to a friend last night, I told her there should have been three. Though the birth of AJ is great, I felt a huge void. Looking at him this morning along with Hope renews the need to let others know of the cruelty these mares endure. Please help us send the message to others regarding the plight of these magnificent horses.

We have come a long way with Jerri, and I think today if this is as good as she can be with humans then that's okay, but I know it's not, because with each passing day and the more we handle Hope the more curious Jerri gets and the closer she comes on her own...so daily we are continuing to make progress. I must share a tidbit with you though, I was standing in with Hope giving her skirtches, I could hear Jerri coming up behind me, I did not move and continued loving on Hope..all of a sudden I could feel Jerri's breath against my head, she was sniffing my hair..I stood there and eventually I felt her nose move across my shoulder and to my upper arm...this was all done on her own..to me this is progress.

Apple is protective of AJ but within a few days she will calm down and I am sure she will revert back to herself...we have time. We are giving her the time she needs to love on her "Little Man." I must tell you my thoughts though..when I was watching him move around yesterday evening I giggled to myself, when asked what was funny I replied, I figured out what he reminds me of when he moves... a sloth. maybe I'm too tired to be thinking straight...LOL

I wish all of you a wonderful day. Enjoy the babies, they do not stay little for long.

Thank you all for everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephanie