MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce
Founder

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:


Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on ustream.tv

Monday, June 2, 2008

Monday morning

Hay All!

I hope everyone had a good weekend. We are still trying to catch up due to the past weeks event.

Spent time with my family this weekend as my sister, who I don't get to see often, came in from Salt Lake City. It is easier for her to get away than for us to. New life is popping around the ranch seems daily now. Yesterday we gathered up eleven baby chicks and their mama and placed them in our little chicken pen, to keep the little fuzz balls safe.

It was a joy to me yesterday to be able to love all over Hope, have her enjoy it, and to have Jerri just stand and watch me. In fact, Jerri actually came over and sniffed my arm while I was loving on her little girl..it was wonderful. We have had the halter on and off Hope several times now, we have been using a natural fly spray on her and she does not mind being rubbed down and even sprayed with it. She is very very strong and so so full of herself as she zips from her stall to the round pen. Poor Jerri goes into a spin as she zips around. I like to believe that Nellie and Lil' Angel are guiding her and Jerri down this path of ease and comfort. I know that I have found solace in watching Hope, she has helped ease some of the pain for all the losses we have sustained in 2008.

Apple is getting progressively larger and larger daily (bag) but I am keeping a very close eye on her. I want to get her switched over as soon as we view more definite signs of impending foaling. I do not want any of you to have the stress that we encountered with Jerri, I will do that for you. I look forward to seeing Apple's little one and sharing him/her with you. I hope another FILLY!!!

All else is good at the ranch, I am trying to catch up on all emails, so in the meantime I would like to say THANK YOU TO EVERYONE for your letters of CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of Hope as well as the DONATIONS that were made in her honor and the honor of Nellie and Lil Angel. All of this is truly appreciated especially with the rising prices of feed for the horses..THANK YOU ALL AGAIN, you will be hearing from me.

Have a wonderful Monday!!!!

Stephanie and the MHR Family