MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:

Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Frankly Speaking, March 27, 2010

Hey everybody,

Just wanted to drop you all a line and let you know how Frank is doing.

Well, to get everybody up to speed, I left MHR Monday around 4:30pm. The drive home went without incident. That's a good thing. We arrived home pretty late, and by the time we got the horses unloaded and cared for, it was around midnight. Tuesday was just a day to recuperate. On Wednesday, I had a short round pen session with Frank and he actually did quite well. I followed that up on Thursday by turning him out in my roping arena. That way he could join up with my other horses over a fence and I could see how he handled cattle. He is quite cowie, which is a prerequisite for horses on my property.

Supper time came along, and Frank let me catch him without any problems. Friday I didn't have time to work him in the round pen and I've been a bit worried about his soreness after he was trimmed. Stephanie and I have discussed this and we've decided to move on with his training. Time came to get Frank and that's when the problems started. He absolutely would not let me catch him. In fact, he went over the neighbor's fence. Fortunately for him he only suffered minor scrapes. Sometimes it's hard to remember, but good can come from even the worst situation. After almost an hour and a half, Frank let me catch him. That was because I worked him that whole time, instead of taking a short cut.

Time for me to go to work. Let Stephanie know if this is of interest to you, or if you have any questions I can answer.

Happy trails,