MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce
Founder

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:


Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on ustream.tv

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wednesday morning

Good Wednesday Morning,

Still working on projects as we were interrupted several times during the day and of course that always puts you behind. But the old saying "The Hurrier I Go The Behinder I Get" was truly befitting in our case.

Well, how do I put this except to say "It's Weaning Time." I know, I know you are all probably saying, No, No it's too soon. It has come time. Both Hope and AJ need to move on to the next phase of their young lives. I know that I am not looking forward to this as I have a feeling this is going to be worse than Baby B and Spirit ever thought of being. But, they will get through this...question is, will I?? We are trying to figure a suitable area for them but where I can still keep a watch on them. I will let you know when I have it figured out. If you recall, Dr. Henesler stated we had to give AJ until he was three months old so his little mind could develop. Even though Apple is receiving her supplements daily he is still taking his toll on her, and she deserves some tranquility in her life without having to share her feed/milk with him any longer. He is truly a very very large boy and he is sucking the life out of her. I need to do what is best for her and her health as well. I have an idea but will have to think it through a bit more.

Well, Robert and I ordered a new sign for MHR. The original sign is in pretty sorry shape. The original sign was donated to MHR one month after we opened our gates in February 2001. It has seen it's share of the sun baking it, being sandblasted by our dust storms and occasionally the rain. This should have been done a long time ago, however it was not on the priority list (Horses First ya know), but pulling in the front gate the other day I said, oh this has got to go, this is so sad looking. I will take a photo once we have it mounted.

Big Joe (volunteer) and I cleaned water barrels yesterday morning, seems like such a long and tedious task but it was accomplished. If we managed to get through any chore without interruption it was this one.

I must go for now as chores are calling my name. I wish each of you a wonderful day, enjoy your family, friends and furbabies. They are truly a precious gift.

Stephanie