MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce
Founder

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:


Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on ustream.tv

Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday morning

Good Friday Morning,

I do hope this finds everyone well and looking forward to a relaxing, peaceful weekend.

The first day of weaning went well for the most part. This morning seems to a bit tougher on Hope and I have to keep my eye on Jerri as well as she appears to be a bit depressed. She is not making a sound but her mannerism is off kilter a bit. I checked on Hope throughout the night to ensure she was fine...and she was and is. Lots of pacing.

Sometime today will be AJ turn. Ahhhh, the rights of passage. I think he will be more of a sissy lala than Hope but we shall see.

I had some email with Lisa last night and she is going to be bringing Big Mama with her to give Hope company on the trip HOME. Wow, home, Hope has got a home!! I am so thrilled for Lisa you cannot imagine. She is going to feel the joy and excitement I had when Hope was born and to raise her for the first 4.5 months of her life (by the time she departs). It has been wonderful sharing her with all of you, and the fact that all of you made such a huge difference in her life from the very beginning. I know with her busy schedule, Lisa will share photos and her experiences with all of us when she can.

Everyone else is doing well. Muffin and Acey, the two oldest at the ranch, are enjoying the cool weather and Muffin has been quite frisky. He loves feeding time (don't they all) as he get his Sr. Equine and just talks away. Wuffling softly to whinnying as loud as he can to ensure we see and hear him. I always tell him, I am not blind and I am not deaf as I DO HEAR YOU! I said the surrounding neighbors hear you! This though makes you feel good that for the past six years he has just become more lovable than he was from the day we picked him up in California. Gotta love em...gotta love them all. Acey is doing well as long as you do not remove her from her environment. With her being blind, she becomes so nervous outside of her stall, it is truly her comfort zone and there is no need to upset the balance of her little world. She also loves her Sr as well and at almost 41 is doing great.

Well, the morning beckons so I must go for now. All of you have a blessed and safe day. I hope to be able to visit with you at least once or twice during the day.

WE RECEIVED OUR FIRST OFFICIAL BID THIS MORNING FOR THE "HOPES FIRST DAY OF LIFE" blanket...WHOOHOOO. Please visit our Silent Auction thread...it is for the general fund at MHR which makes a difference in the horses lives.

Stephanie