MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce
Founder

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:


Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on ustream.tv

Monday, September 12, 2011

Hay Challenge for the week of September 11

Our weekly Hay Challenge is being presented by Lisa in Colorado (AJ & Hope's Mom) along with their mothers, Apple and Jerri, who reside at MHR & Sanctuary. Lisa offered to purchase 8 bales of hay from Animal House in Pahrump (775-751-1777) if 8 additional bales of hay are purchased by individual/s who can call Animal House directly or donate by using the link on the MHR website. More than one person can purchase a bale of hay or a bale can be shared by two people. The price of hay is currently $17.00 a bale.

This challenge was posted yesterday, Sunday, September 11, and much to our delight, it was met on the same day! Thank so much everyone.

So...our good friend Lisa has sweetened the pot with the following post:

**************************
Hope says: HAY GLORIOUS HAY!!!



She also says, There is nothing more important than HAY: LET'S CONTINUE THE CHALLENGE.

As some of you may know, I am from New Orleans, where we have this wonderful concept of "Lagniappe": It means "a little something extra". (As a kid, it was the extra donut that Long's Bakery gave you when you bought a dozen!!!) Well, here is the lagniappe for this weeks hay challenge.

I filled up my hay shed for the winter this week. My neighbor cuts nearby and makes sure I am taken care of. I expected to pay several dollars more per bale, but John (my neighbor) doesn't care about droughts in Texas or in Colorado or rising hay prices. He cares that my horses have hay and I never have to worry - I got hay at the same price I get it every year. I am embarrassed at what i paid and I want to pay it forward to MHR and share in my good fortune.

Lagniappe: for every half bale paid for this week from the time of this post through 11:59 pm next Saturday, September 17 (Do i sound like a lawyer or what!!!) , i will match it with a full bale of hay.

BRING ON THE HAY!!! Please help fill MHR's shed!!! Let's give MHR some hay lagniappe!!!

Lisa

In honor of Jerri, Apple, and Nellie, and in thanks for every day of joy the kids give to me.

**************************
Please help us take advantage of this extremely generous offer. Purchase a half bale directly from Animal House in Pahrump (775-751-1777) or donate via paypal on the MHR website. If you purchase directly at Animal House, please be sure to let me know by sending me email (miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com) so that you get credit (and Lisa gets the bill!).

Thank you all, and most especially thank you, Lisa in Colorado, for this wonderful offer.

Stephanie and Rob