MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce
Founder

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:


Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on ustream.tv

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Violette

Three and a half years ago, I lost my rescued horse Sierra to Laminitis. She was my dream horse. But being a rescue she came to us with many problems and her feet were the primary one. We managed to get her sound for awhile. I took her to a horse show and we took 1st place in Obstacle and a 2nd in Western Pleasure. After that show she was semi retired and I would light ride her twice a week. She was my dream and my love. Unfortunately dreams are sometimes taken away, and I lost her in 2007 despite all efforts. Laminitis took her from me. She was otherwise a very healthy horse. I never thought I would give my heart like I did to her, but in comes Justice. Justice has several years to go before riding. But I love him all the same. However, on 9/17/10 good friends of our presented me with a gift, as they knew the story of Sierra.

Everyone, let me introduce to Violette, 8 yr old Paint Mare, she has my heart but I have plenty of love to share between the both of them. She is a beautiful gift!




Stephanie