MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce
Founder

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:


Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on ustream.tv

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday morning

Good Saturday morning everyone,

Yesterday Rob and I finished our end of the bartering he entered into w/ an individual who has 47 mini horses. We finished or I shall say he trimmed the last 11. Now all are standing on good little feet. It had been a long time since most had them done.

I was handling one little one who seemed to be sweet, however she decided to show me her ornery side. I got walloped in both knees by tiny little hooves. They can sure pack a punch. I never said a word to Rob until we were all done due to the fact if I did, I would have heard his two famous lines.."Quit acting like a girl" or "Rub some dirt on it, and walk it off". I know that he always makes sure it is not serious before he makes his comments. I figured it was easier to keep quiet. :)

It is very quiet here this morning, as it is still a couple of hours before feeding time. I have been outside with my coffee, looking at the stars since 4am, and feeling blessed that I am able to continue my work for the horses, and blessed for all the friendships that I have gained...all because of Barbaro..amazing journey for all.

We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of FAITH and her unborn foal. I look forward to many a night chatting with all of you during Foal Watch 09. Once we know when she has began her journey, our travel guide Sheila will more than likely give us her route and a blow by blow account of her arrival. She is being delivered directly to our facility just as the BBGs were.

Again, I would like to thank the anonymous donors who saved these two lives. I am sure everyone here is grateful for what you have done. I know that I am, as I do love all horses, but I do have a special place in my heart for the elderly and a very special place for the PMUs. You have pulled a mare that will never have to suffer again the inhumane treatment of the PMU industry.

Everyone, have a safe day and enjoy family and friends.

Stephanie