MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce
Founder

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:


Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on ustream.tv

Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday morning

TGIF to Everyone,

I must say, it has been quite harmonious week for the horses. I appreciate days like this. Everyone healthy and content..no need for the vet, this to me is a good thing.

Since the moving of the big girls to the Ladies Parlour, I have made mental note of the difference that I have seen in Jerri. She still does not allow herself to be petted like Apple or the others on the ranch, but she is now doing small nickers and wuffling noises when she sees me. She even actually approaches the fence when she sees you coming. Her eyes have softened more. Once again, I think we have rounded another corner with her. I have walked out in the pen and Jerri watches and has even followed a couple of times..so more progress. It is all good. I am not saying that she is going to be a pocket pony, but I am in hopes that she is slowly learning to trust.

This brings so much hope to us. But most important is what it does for Jerri. To not live in fear is an aaccomplishment for her. I think of the strides she has made, from a year ago tomorrow -- amazing. Yes, it will be a year tomorrow since Apple, Jerri and Nellie arrived. You can see Apple taking her first steps onto MHR at the left. It is seven months today since the birth of AJ. Time has flown by. So much has transpired for so many, both good and bad.

As of this morning, I have no news as to the arrival of Faith. I know they have been having some terrible weather in ND, and I think of her and the other horses in that area. We will keep you posted as we receive news.

Our January Hay Drive has some very special prizes. Please consider purchasing tickets for the hay drive. We thank you and the horses thank you for your support.

I do hope that everyone has a safe and happy weekend. Remember to tell the special people in your lives that you love them and how important they are to you.

Stephanie