MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce
Founder

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:


Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on ustream.tv

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tuesday morning

Good Morning to Everyone!

I know that I have not been posting much over the last week, some of it has been attributed to my father having been ill, but I had been ill as well. Today is the first day that I have been able to sit and concentrate at the computer, without becoming exhausted.

Thank you to everyone who has participated in our fundraisers to continue to purchase feed for the horses. As we all have in our personal lives we are feeling the pinch of the economy, and in the lives of the horses we are feeling the pinch as well. Hay in our area is very very high, and I have dreams someday of seeing MHR in an area of green pastures, however that is not anytime soon and is only a dream at this point. In the meantime we must continue to do our best for the horses on how it is.

I am hoping that that more individuals will consider becoming a "Miracle Superstar" and sponsor one or more the horses at MHR. It does not make a difference how much a sponsorship is because EVERY bit helps. Multiple sponsors on a particular horse is okay, they are not limited to only one "Miracle Superstar". Please consider a sponsorship you will make a difference in the horses lives. In our current situation we cannot take any more horses in until some are adopted, and with the stress of the economy and the fact that many of our horses are disabled we do not foresee being able to bring in anymore at this time. However, we are not sitting idly by, with calls we are receiving from individuals wanting to place their horses with us, we are networking outside the ranch and have found placement for horses that need homes. This has been successful thus far.

I wanted to remind everyone that is coming for Labor Day weekend to keep in contact with Ro and keep her apprised of your travel arrangements in the event you have had changes. We are also seeking suggestions for our Saturday night, we want to do a theme for that particular night, ideas please let us know. This is a weekend that will include hard work and fun, bring your work clothes and your smile as the horses will love it.

I will get more pictures over the next few days, especially of our Honey who is slowly returning and I emphasize slowly returning to her former self. She has been checked out, and is on a good diet. I am finally seeing new growth of healthy hair coming in. When I saw Honey four months ago, she looked very good and there was no indication of any problems or problems coming. However, here we are and here she is with us once again. I do feel guilty that I did not see any indications whatsoever of forthcoming problems in her families lives. The loss of a job has brought Honey back to us, I only wish that she had come to us sooner. Honey is on the way to recovery.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day and I will work at getting back on track now that I am on the way to recovery as well.

Stephanie