MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce
Founder

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:


Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on ustream.tv

Monday, May 3, 2010

Frankly Speaking, May 3, 2010

Greetings from Frankie.




He's wearing sports medicine boots on all four corners. He has these on so he'll be used to anything and everything if the occasion arises.

Thank you all for your questions. I'll be answering as time allows. The first question is from Linda:
I would like to know the steps you take to evaluate a horse to determine what the horse should be trained for
Hi Linda,

Thanks for the question. The truth for me is I let the horse show me where his/her interest and strengths lie. When I used to train, people would bring me their horses and say: I want you to make a head horse or a heel horse out of him/her. I would never agree to their requests until i spent time with that particular animal. Just because a person heads or heels doesn't mean the horse they currently have is going to be the best candidate for them as a mount or for the job they want the horse to do. I used the example of rope horses; however it applies to all disciplines. Yes the physical characteristics of the animal can be an advantage or a limitation, which definitely has to be considered. However if the heart isn't into it or the mind can't comprehend it, it will never work out, no matter how good it looks on paper. Speculation is extremely difficult and most trainers that I work with will never guarantee anything. All they'll do is see if there's any interest and talent in that particular discipline. I hope this answers your question.

Happy trails!