MHR PMU horses

MHR PMU horses

Welcome to MHR's Blog

We hope you'll enjoy seeing frequent updates and photos of the Miracle Horse Rescue and Sanctuary horses you all know and so generously support. We'll also keep you posted on current projects and plans for the future.

Stephanie Pierce
Founder

All Images and Videos are copyright Miracle Horse Rescue, Inc. and cannot be utilized without explicit written permission.

You're welcome to send comments to miraclehorserescue01@gmail.com

Ways you can help:
Fund raisers:


Sponsor a Horse! (any amount will help)
Doc Wilbur's Medicine Cabinet

Your donations to these efforts are tax deductible and you help feed the horses.

Please friend me on Facebook for all the latest updates.

Watch MHR&S live on ustream.tv

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday morning

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope this finds everyone doing well this Sunday morning. Saturday was a day filled with chores both outside and inside.

I have been working diligently on the 2009 calendar, it is coming along and should go to print in the very near future, but it is the small details that are being worked on and this takes time. I have had so many pictures to go through and to select from. The pictures selected represent something to everyone.

Saturday also was a day with horses getting their feet done. Dublin, Old Man, Shania, Baby, Acey and Sophie were done. All of them were very good. Sophie was great. She is a sweet horse, and stood patiently. She is doing so very well, and I see some differences in her already. I see new hair growth, tiny little fuzzy hairs coming in where we brushed out the scabby stuff. Her belly is rounding out and eventually it will all distribute equally. She is quite comical now during feeding, she makes a very soft wuffling noise as I prepare to place her feed in the feeder. However, she knows that I have her Sr. food in another container and she stands and looks at me and taps her pretty little hooves and waits for me to give it to her before she literally dives into her meal. It truly is a wonderful feeling to watch her eat and know that she is not hungry.

I received a telephone call last night from an Angel who is coming here on Tuesday to meet the horses and to donate 1 ton of hay. We are grateful for this. This is a blessing for the horses and a wonderful gift for them and very generous indeed. I spoke with this Angel for an hour last night, and the horses' new Angel shared with me that she is 77 years old, and she found her love and passion with horses at the age of 47, and she has received so much pleasure from her horses in the past that she wanted to give to those horses less fortunate in their lives. I will take pictures of her meeting everyone Tuesday morning.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day, we have more horses feet to do today, so it will be a busy day.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone

Stephanie